Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potty Training

Jace has been interested in the whole going to the bathroom on the big toilet. Every once in a while he will take off his diaper and put it in the garbage and sit on the toilet and push. He is always pretty let down when nothing comes out. So while I was buying my weekly box of diapers for $25 I decided I am going to try potty training while he is interested. Along with the diapers I bought Jace some big boy underpants. He is pretty excited about them. When we have time to go outside we take off the diaper and let him test everything out. Nothing has really happened yet. He still likes to wear the underwear all day so I put them over his diaper when we are indoors. I have no idea what I am doing. So if anybody has any suggestions on effective ways to potty train, I would love you to comment.Here is your next Calvin Klein underwear model.
Mylee always looks so beautiful in purple. Mylee has a natural mow hawk. She has two calics ( I have no idea how to spell that, but you get what I am talking about.) that twist into each other on the crown of her head. We use hair spray at a young age.Two of the three most important people in my life.

7 comments:

LiNdSaYrOhDe said...

HOLY MYLEE BRONZE BABY SHE IS TANNER THAN ME! HAHAHA I MISS YOU GUYS!

Ty and Mari said...

Well not that I have done any potty training in my life time, but I have heard some good ideas! One is to just let them be naked for like 3 days. This way they do wet themselves and HATE it and want to use the toilet! Another one is to put cherios in the toilet and have him "sink" them! That way it's fun to go to the potty! Good luck with it all! By the way, your kids are way to cute!!!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Yeah we definately need to get together when Regan gets here. I really want to meet your cute little family!

Laur said...

Can i be the fourth most important person in your life? Well, that wouldn't really be fair because you would have to count your mom and dad and bros and sisters. Maybe I could be like...the...nineth most important person in your life?
Those are darling pictures of the kids. The potty training thing is hilarious GO YOU!!! I will need all the help I can get from you when our turn comes.

Marci and Matt said...

This will be a long one!=)

Ok, all I know is that potty training sucks... but it's a GREAT idea to start doing it while he is interested. First things first, does he understand the sensation of when he needs to go pee? or can he pee on demand? That always helps. It took me 5 days to Potty train Jaden... I would let him set his own timer for every 15 minutes. When the timer would go off, he would run to the bathroom and sit on his potty to pee (even though it was only a little at a time) Each day I would let the timer go a little bit longer in between. He picked it up really fast. With the whole pooping thing, he had to just learn the sensation. We had a toilet sticker chart for him to put stickers on... when the chart filled up he would get to pick a toy from the store.
Tanner was a little bit harder, but I did a few things similar. His big thing was he had buzz lightyear underwear that he was obsessed with. I told him it would make buzz REALLY sad if Tanner got him wet or made him stinky. I also had to threaten to take his beloved blanket away (I was desperate) But it worked!! I tried the whole 'let them run around naked' but I then ended up with wet spots on my carpet like I had a puppy or something.
I think the biggest thing is make sure you are doing it when you don't have a lot going on. Do it when you know you will be home for several days in a row. It makes it easier for them to not get confused (in case you put diapers back on to go into public and that sort of thing) Besides that cleaning up accidents in public is not fun at all!
Don't know if this helps.... but GOOD LUCK! It's so worth it in the end!

Dean and Rachel said...

They are adorable. Hey that's pretty good he's interested in potty training. I hear boys are pretty slow learners.

Jamie said...

ashley I found your blog and it was so so fun to see what you are up to. It's been forever!!