So this last weekend we came up to Salt Lake. Those of you who know me well know that I had an older brother that passed away when he was seventeen years old. I was fourteen when he died and it was a hard time in my life. I will always be grateful for my brother and for the time I did get to spend with him. I don't consider him just an older brother but also a gift and a huge blessing. He brought a special light to everyone who met him. Brandon I was always miss you but I feel that you are close when I need you. Thank you for being my brother. Anyway, there has always been the question of whether or not Brandon needed his work done in the temple. Some bishops considered him not accountable and others thought it needed to be done. It wasn't until we got the word from the big P himself, thanks to a special friend that we got the thumbs up to go ahead and baptize, and get his endowments done. Like all big brothers he decided to tease me and try and steal my thunder and do it on my birthday. Just kidding it was my dad's decision but I feel that he had a hand in it and just wanted to tease me. I am grateful because it will be a birthday I will never forget. Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and went to the Salt Lake temple with my parents, Larvin, Lindsay, Kami, and Parker. I cannot express the feeling I had there. I felt that we were not the only ones celebrating his baptism. This trip was a blast seeing friends and family.
My birthday dinner. Thanks to Laurie I was officially the princess.
Mylee even got a party hat.
Laurie is the best friend a girl could have. Thanks Laurie for an unforgettable birthday!
Jace and Conner. They love to have fun.
Yes everyone I play rockband and I am pretty good.
Laurie rocking on the guitar. She is so into it.
Corey is the best drummer. I will shortly be putting a movie up of Corey's mad skills.
6 years ago
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Ash!!! What an amazing thing to do on your birthday. It looks like you had a great birthday it is so good to have such a great friend to love and support you she seems to support you in everything. I love and miss you.
Happy Birthday Ash. It sounds like you seriously had an amazing birthday. I am glad.
Happy Birthday, what a special experience. I can't wait to see Brandon again! I bet he is so happy!
What an awesome thing to be able to do on your b-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you have such a cute family
I miss you so much ashy....what am I gonna do?
Hey Ashley! I found your blog and just wanted to say hi! Happy birthday. You and your friend are serioulsy twins!!
That gave me chills reading that. How AWESOME it that. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Ash. It looks like you had a great time. I wish I was in town to see ya. Next time you come up we will have to get together. That is really neat about your brother, I bet it was an amazing experience.
Your blog looks so cute!! I love you and your little family to death!!!
Post a Comment