Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Say Cheetos and Pepsi

I am usually very good at getting Jace and Mylee's pictures taken yearly. I always get their pictures when they turn a year older. What makes it nice is that when Mylee turned one Jace turned two and a half. I originally had a wonderful photographer lined up to take some beautiful pictures. At the last minute Mylee fell on her face, whats new, and got the biggest cut on her eye. Of course I wanted the best pictures so I canceled and waited to reschedule. Life got crazy and I was running out of time. So one day I just hurried over to Target to take some pictures before Mylee was not one anymore. It was a complete nightmare. Jace would not even stay long enough in the shot to take a picture. I would have been totally fine with a picture of him crying. While Jace was throwing a fit I got some cute pictures of Mylee. Then it came to taking a picture with Jace. Long story short as you can see the only way I got both of them in the shot together without crying is with Pepsi and Cheetos. Yes everyone I am a horrible mother and let my son drink caffiene. But it was around Christmas and Pepsi is a holiday beverage so at least I kept it with a theme. Maybe three is the golden age and I will get a spectacular picture. Abbie help!

6 comments:

Clenece said...

Yes have Abbie do it...she would do great! Good Luck! I hate getting the kids pictures done since I never know how they will act!

Laur said...

ashley, if you are a horrible mother then so am I. I bribe Conner with soda to get him to go on the potty, and i bribed him with it to get him to go to nursery.
Its so embarassing because every where he goes he calls his sippy or any drink "COKE" and everyone hears it and their eye brows raise. He pretty much just calls any drink that isn't water "COKE." What can I do? I mean his parents drink it all day so whatcha gonna do.
by the way I called and let a message...i didn't hear back from you about those two items.....
call me
xoxo

RegaNater said...

It probably was not funny at the time, but that is the funniest story. At least you got a funny memory out of it. Miss ya cuz!

Abbie&Trevor said...

That is the funniest picture ever!!! That is one for the records. And girl don't ever think you are a bad mother, we all do what we can to get by. Anytime you need pictures I would love to take them and believe me I have had some crazy kids and we have had to do the silliest things to get them to smile. I think the picture is great...

Marci and Matt said...

so cute and funny!! Pictures are usually a horrible experience for everyone so don't worry! It will be one that both you and the kids will laugh about later in life =) Your kids are getting so big, and they are adorable!

Richae said...

I walked by a picture kiosk in the mall and this little boy was just screaming at the top of his lungs, it makes me laugh everytime! I love these pictures it shows tons of personality! I emailed you about Abbie's baby shower so check it out.